Epson CX4600 problems

Discussion in 'Community' started by upperblue79, Sep 17, 2004.

1. upperblue79 macrumors regular

upperblue79

So I bought an Epson CX4600 tonight and brought it home. I unpacked according to the directions. After set-up I needed to make a copy of the receipt for the rebate form and the scanner started up and the paper started to feed, then it came out blank. I don't know what is wrong, just wondering if anyone in here has any ideas or do I just have a dead printer. I have proven it's not the drivers because it should make a copy without even being connected to a computer, any help would be great!

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Try using the setup menu to clean the print heads and print the confirmation page.

If not that, could you have left tape in the cartridge carrier or left tape over the individual cartidges?

3. upperblue79 thread starter macrumors regular

upperblue79

I have tried cleaning the print heads and printing with no result

If I remove the cartridge and touch it to paper the ink appears on the paper, so the cartridges should be fine.....??

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Yes, check the unpacking instructions again. It sounds as if you've left something undone.

5. upperblue79 thread starter macrumors regular

upperblue79

I assure you there is nothing I can do short of getting out a screwdriver and taking it apart, I guess I will exchange it tomorrow

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus