Epson D68 & PictureMate ''Communication Error''

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Kardashian, May 13, 2006.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Hey Guys!

Really stressin' out!

Bought an Epson D68 about 2 months ago, worked fine for about a month, now I suddenly get a ''Communication Error'' when printing.

My A-Level Art project is due in Monday, so last night I rushed out, and spent £120 on a PictureMate 500 (Brilliant quality machine, excellent) - to print off my Photo's.

Low and behold, the SAME problem as the D68 - Communication Error.

(I managed to print my work out by saving the images onto a Memory Stick and inserting it directly into the PictureMate :))

I don't understand why BOTH Epsons are experiencing the same problem?

I've deleted all Epson drivers, and re-installed from the Web and CD, deleted all Epson-related files, everything. Their technical support IM service is USELESS, and they have no phone contact at all :(

I can use the PictureMate 500 by inserting memory cards with the media I wish to print off, but it would be so much easier to hook it up directly via USB - the D68 is useless anyway without USB :confused:

I got to thinking, would it affect it that I'm using a USB 1.0 cable with a USB 2.0 unit? Or not? :confused:

I'm really confused and just want them to work!

PS: The USB ports work, tried diff. peripherals etc, and I have used Disk Util. etc to check permissions before re-installing the drivers etc

Thanks Guys... :(

2. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Also..

When trying to re-install the printers, Printer Setup doesn't pick them up.. at all!

3. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

..Bought an actual USB 2.0 cable, now it works fine :rolleyes: