Epson Drivers

Discussion in 'macOS' started by skunk, Jun 26, 2005.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Has anyone else had this happen? Three times now, once in Tiger, which I have since deserted for 10.3.9, and twice in Panther, I have had to re-install the driver for my R800 printer, as the Print Dialog came up without a "Print Settings" option. All the other choices were there, just no Print Settings. Print Center Repair couldn't fix it, nor could resetting Permissions. I've also had to re-install the drivers for my 3200 Photo scanner, and my SC3000, which both broke down under Tiger. Is it just Epson? I've downloaded the latest drivers, of course, every time.

2. Dahl macrumors 6502a

I wish I could help you.

I have used Epson for many year without problems, but I just got the R800 and I can't print on DVD's with my R800.
    I still not sure what I should do.
    Maybe 10.4.2 would fix it but I doubt it.

3. DerChef macrumors 6502

DerChef

Epson and Mac not a good combo

I dont know where 10.4 gets its Epson drivers from as Epsons own site has not updated them for well over a year.

I have a Stylus Photo 915 and I am pretty ****** off that I have to go to a PC to do borderless prints

:mad:

4. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

No problem here with an Epson R 800 and its drivers through various flavors of OS X including the latest.

Occasionally in the past the Twain driver would get broken and need reinstalling, but this hasn't happened in a long time.

5. Dahl macrumors 6502a

Have you tried to print on CD's ? If so, what magic button did you use ?

6. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

7. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

I am screwed when it come to drivers as well, I have an Epson Stylus Photo EX and Epson has not updated the print driver for any versions of OSX, frustrating...I have to keep OS9 alive on my old G4 just to print high-res color, even HP makes drivers for OSX but I can't get near the quality from my HP2210 All-In-One that I get with my Epson Photo... If anybody knows of another driver source please post it...:mad: