Epson error 9672 loading print driver

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cre8ivegenes, Mar 14, 2007.

1. cre8ivegenes macrumors newbie

HELP PLEASE! I need to get this printer up and running tonight and I'm in a pickle.
    I have sytem 10.3.9 and I am trying to add a printer to the printer list (Epson CX5000) when I click on the printer and hit add and keep getting the error 9672 (a error has occured when adding the selected printer.) When I click to add the printer. All other instalations were successfull. I tried to unistall and reinstall but it would time out and not uninstall. Now what?

2. cre8ivegenes thread starter macrumors newbie

OK I did figure out how to uninstall and was able to reinstall the software but I'm still getting that silly error 9672 when I try and add the printer.
    YIKES such a bummer help:mad:

3. cre8ivegenes thread starter macrumors newbie

OK I tried this but . . . it didn't work?? bummer

Error 9672

Mac OS: 'Error:-9672' Displays on the Computer When Adding a Printer Using the Printer Setup Utility while Connected to an Apple Base Station by USB...

Issue

An 'Error:-9672' message displays on the computer while adding a printer using the Printer Setup utility. The printer is connected to an Apple Base Station through a universal serial bus (USB) connection.

Solution

Click OK on the message prompt to close the message.

Uninstall the Epson Printer software that came with your printer using the uninstaller. Follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall the product.

From the hard drive, click Applications, then click Utilities and select the Printer Setup utility.

Click Add.

If your printer shows up in the printer list, select Printer. If the printer does not show up in the list, choose either Bonjour or Rendezvous as the connection type and then select the printer from the list.

Under the Print Using list, select epson stylus CX5000.

In the list of available drivers, select the epson stylus CX5000 – Gimp-Print driver.

Click Add

Using the Gimp-print driver might provide basic print-only functionality. This driver is a built-in driver in the Macintosh Operating System and will not provide all of the features that are provided using a direct USB connection.

4. macmend macrumors newbie

Thats fine in one circumstance but I am using an epson 4450 A2 networked printer and get the same error.

There is no gimp print driver for the stylus photo 4450, its a relatively new printer

Epson don't really know the answer, they say you should install the drivers only via an admin account, which has one worked in one case but not in 4 others.

This 9672 eror is a real pain, it seemed to start only on hp printers and only on airport extreme connections, but a google search has started to show it becoming more widespread. and is something do do with an xml ticket:

"Error -9672, badly formatted ticket XML - Bad XMLStart:

Bad XMLEnd"

what that means I need a mac developer to tell.

macmend
    www.macmend.com