Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
My parents are in the process of moving to MacOSX and have an Epson Perfection 1250 scanner. It's works great with OS9 for scanning, copying etc but the drivers for MacOSX don't have anything like this. My Dad uses copying a lot (really it's just a copier, not a scanner) and so, needs a simple application that'll (with one button) copy the document in the scanner in B&W or colour. Does anyone have any ideas on what app to use? Simple and straightforward if possible! Thanks!

drbrog

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2005
Chicago
I have the Perfection 240 Photo conncected to a G4 PM running Tiger. Unfortunately, there is no simple software- like that designed for Windows- that will perform those functions you desire. I have to import into Photoshop and adjust as necessary.
If simplicity is what you desire, I'd look for another scanner.

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
Hmmm. Semi-bad news...I might go for one of those all in one printer/scanner devices...they'd be fine for copying and printing.
I'll check out Graphics convertors options, I've only used it for basic editing before. Thing is, my Dad sees moving to MacOSX as a step backward if
the things he can't do are more complex, and for him I suppose it is!

stevep

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2004
UK
This page says that an Epson 1250 is supported. And you can use Image Capture (part of OS X) to import images from the scanner.

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
Sure, that would be a way to do it - but I'm ideally looking for a simple app that'll copy a page. Not scanning it, making an image, opening it and then printing. One button or nothing!

stevep

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2004
UK
Do you mean scanning it and sending the scan direct to the printer? Have a look at the Epson web site ( http://support.epson-europe.com/onlineguides/en/perf1250/index.htm ) - its not totally clear if this refers to OS X, but that was the OS I specified to get to that page. It looks as though the Epson Smart Panel will allow you to:
Copy
Scan to E-mail
Scan to OCR
Scan to Application
Scan for Creativity
Scan to Web
Scan to File
Photo Print
Photoshop (for Perfection 1650 Photo users),
in which case it seems a bit drastic to junk it and buy a new one.

iggyboy2

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2005
You may want to look at one of the all in one printer/scanner/copiers - Canon makes a good one, and generic cartridges may be much cheaper. Epson too, but they tend to be slower overall.

bdj33ranch

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2005
Epson 1250

I have an Epson 1650 Photo which is very similar. The software download includes the Epson 1250.
I am using mine with an eMac G4 1.25GHz running OS 10.3.9 (Panther)
Pushing 'one button' it will scan to a .jpg file which can then be printed. The software is able to differentiate whether the item being scanned is a text document or a photograph.
Anyway, it pretty easy to 'copy' a document as a .jpg scan and print it out.
Go to the Epson website and download the latest software:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...V_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14548&infoType=Overview

You can also download current manuals.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.