Epson Print CD Driver?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SweetOleMac, Oct 4, 2006.

1. SweetOleMac macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2005

I have an Intel Mac Mini

I've just tried to install the epson drivers for my printer Epson Stylus Photo R220, went to their site and downloded the driver, installed and resarted.

Then installed the Epson Print CD application that comes with the CD, and installed, however when i try to print to CD an error states:

"The epson print driver dealing with CD printing is not installed"

I've looked on the CD and on their site and cannot find anything.

Anyone have any advice?
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Did you happen to overwrite the downloaded driver with the one from the CD or somehow tell the printer to use that one? According to their site (click on the plus sign to the left of the OS X driver listing), the version on the CD isn't compatible with Intel Macs, so I wonder if you're somehow unknowingly trying to use that one.
  3. SweetOleMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2005
    I don't think so, before i did anything i resetted the printer using print utility as per their sites instruction, yet still nothing.
  4. SweetOleMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2005
    Got it working now

Had to re-gather printer information and re-add the printer

that sorted it out

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Glad you got it sorted...I wasn't really sure what to suggest, as I'm not really a printer guy. :eek:
  6. spslive macrumors newbie

Jul 2, 2008
    Epson Print Cd Driver Issue

I've got the same problem SweetOleMac how do you re gather print information and re add the printer, I've re installed 3 times now still no luck.

7. jerryf642 macrumors newbie

Jul 2, 2008
    Epson Print CD

I have a OSX 10.4.11 and a 10.5.3 powerbook. After numerous conversations with Epson tech support I have not been able to get the Epson R800 I have to print CDs.

I keep getting the error message about "paper out or not loaded correctly" after the tray goes in. The printer printed CDs fine before I switched to Mac.

Anybody out there had any luck with Print CD actually printing CDs? If not, any recommendations on a different printer?

8. ccamlin macrumors newbie

Oct 12, 2008
    Epson Print CD with Mac 10.5.5

I have the same problem, using Epson Print CD with Mac OS 10.5.5 printing to an Epson R220 Photo printer. It says it is lacking the printer driver. I have followed all the steps to reset printing that you did but nothing works. Any suggestions?
  9. cwright macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2004
  10. MACWOODTOM macrumors newbie

Aug 2, 2009
    R800 PRINT CDs

After loading 10.5.7 I lost the ability to print DVD's. After much searching and loading new printer drivers I discovered that the "manual feed" was buried in the "US letter (manual feed)" choice. Be sure to go to Print and select "US letter (manual feed) and proceed to print.
  11. Maxloafer macrumors newbie

Oct 21, 2009
    R800 PrintCD

The last post was correct but you can also go to A4 manual feed. When you select print, click on manual print, then on paper size select A4, then A4 manual feed from the drop out menu. Just tried it myself and worked a treat.
  12. puzzlerjo macrumors newbie

Oct 23, 2009
    You are awesome. I went to manual A4 on my R800 like the previous post and it worked like a charm. NOW--does anyone know how to access images from the ilibrary. The option is greyed out when I use Print CD with my IMAC using 10.6.