Epson Printer R200 no longer prints

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drizahy4, Apr 12, 2005.

1. drizahy4 macrumors member

The other day I installed drivers for a second epson printer/scanner dont got model off top of my head. Anyway I went to go print a picture on my R200 and it never printed. no error or anything. When I go to my print center and double click the R200 i get a window for printer list and nothing shows up. I cant even get the utility window for it. I then looked to add the printer and it says R200 not drivers detected. So i clicked to detect new drives and it says new drivers installed the window should refresh. I clicked ok and nothing. If I try to print something it goes into the print queue and it acts like it prints. but no paper comes out. Today I installed a Lexmark printer just to test and make sure the cable and port was good. It worked flawlessly. Quality sucks but I need my R200 back. Oh and when I go to about this mac and check the USB port to check that it is connected I only see model epson nothing about it being an R200 or anything. A few days ago I tried to reload the R200 drivers but it didnt work either.

Is there any way to clear all the drives of the printers I installed so I can start from scratch? Or what should I do?

2. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

When you click on add printer look in USB, which is located underneath Rendezvous. Make sure the printer is connected and switched on, it should appear.

You could try installing the very latest drivers which will overwrite your existing drivers and may also solve the problem.

Download them here

My Epson laser printer only shows up under USB and not Epson USB, but it prints ok.

3. drizahy4 thread starter macrumors member

Ok i installed the drivers again and now i am able to clean the heads and things like that from the epson utility program but when i go to print out a page it says that the jobs stopped. So i click the Start jobs button and it just turns back to stop jobs again.

4. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

Its sound like its still failing to detect the printer. Now there are several things that you can try.

(1) It also appears that Epson have 2 sites when it comes to drivers, I have found some newer drivers for you, version 2.0 and the other utilities are here as well.

Download the following to replace existing drivers and utilities.

Macintosh Operating Systems

P.I.M. II Plug-in v2.2
    Macintosh OS X (v10.1.3 - 10.3.6)
    epson11224.sea.hqx - 2.4MB - posted on 11/29/04

Epson EasyPrint v2.10
    Macintosh OS X (v10.2.0 - 10.3.4)
    easyprint - .1KB - posted on 09/21/04

Printer Driver v2.0aAs
    Macintosh OS X (v10.2.0 - 10.3.4)
    epson11093.sea.hqx - 11.6MB - posted on 06/11/04

Click here

(2) Install Gimp Print drivers, these might actually solve the problem, it now supports the R200. you can get it from here.

(3) Unplug all USB devices other than the Keyboard / Mouse & Printer, this includes USB hubs, now try and print something.

If that fails plug the printer into a different USB port and set it up, and try and print.

(5) You can even do a printer test like by disconecting the usb cable and switch off. Load the printer with some paper and then hold down the Power button and the Paper Button ( this is the button to the left of the Power Button). The printer will now do a test print.

(4) If everything else fails then you could try to manually remove the drivers, but first check and see if the Epson R200 driver install utility as a uninstall option to remove the drivers.

Now the drivers are located in Library/Printers you could go in here and drag the files out providing the files they are not in use.

Once the files have been dragged out of the printers foder then reinstall the drivers and do a test print.