Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sabor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2006
I have a MBP 10.4.8 1.5 GB RAM. I have an Epson Stylus CX4200 and it has worked perfectly fine until a couple of days ago. The Epson Scan utility keeps crashing, I have deleted its prefs and still the problem persists. It happens immediately after when it launches, when it is trying to talk to the scanner/printer. Any ideas? :confused:

I am using the latest version of Epson Scan 3.0.1

Thanks.

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
Have you tried reinstalling the software? Also I wouldn't use anything longer than a 6 ft cable if you want to scan. Some scanners don't like long USB cables so they'll work intermittently.

sabor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2006
Have you tried reinstalling the software? Also I wouldn't use anything longer than a 6 ft cable if you want to scan. Some scanners don't like long USB cables so they'll work intermittently.

Yup, I got rid of the thing with AppZapper. Will try with a shorter USB cable and see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

Dorvaldude

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2007
Epson Stylus CX4200 only prints small

All of a sudden, the printer prints out tiny sizes of the page. Photos print at normal size. Preview shows full size page.
How do I fix this?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.