Epson Stylus Color 680 Printing Troubles...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by VespR, May 16, 2005.

1. VespR macrumors regular

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a Mac mini with Tiger installed and I've tried printing some documents using my Epson 680. It's a parrallel printer and I've got a converter for USB so that I can plug it in.

Now, the mac detects the printer and starts the printing "job", then it just stops and I'm left with an exclamation mark over the printer icon in my dock. Also when I load up Word and attempt to print, in the printing window, it lists the printer with an exclamation mark beside it. Does this mean something is wrong with the printer itself or is it a mac issue?

If anyone knows how to solve it then it will be much appreciated, thanks.

2. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Have you installed all of the proper drivers for the Macintosh program? If you have, have you updated to any possible new drivers for Tiger?

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

The Stylus Color 680 should have a real USB port. Can you use that instead?

4. VespR thread starter macrumors regular

It's detecting the printer fine, knows exactly what it's called. It's just that when I start printing, it automatically stops and I'm left with an exclamation mark over the printer icon in the dock. The connection can't be the problem, because it can see and identify it.

I honestly have no idea what's wrong.

5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

It could still be the parallel converter, because that printer expects bidirectional parallel (nibble mode). Not all the dongles get that right, and plugging in via direct USB would still be worth a shot to rule out the converter as a problem.

6. VespR thread starter macrumors regular

and then it just worked... not sure if it's a combination of rebooting, or well, changing nothing really.

it now, just... err, works :)