Epson Stylus CX4200 Ink problems...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MacTT, Jul 18, 2006.

1. MacTT macrumors member

Ok, I am getting really fed up right now. :mad:

I bought my mac back in Feb. and I received a free printer along with it. The Epson all in one Stylus piece of ****. ;) Well I shook the individual ink catridges well and installed them all. Since then I haven't been able to get a clear sheet of paper. All the colours look faded but the actual picture is not distorted. It's just the contrast of the colour thats gone.

Now is there a way I can alter the amount of ink my printer is using? I have tried aimlessly, looking for an option but I cannot find any.

Anyone happen to know the solution? Thanks a lot! :)

2. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Have you installed the Printer Utility from the install disk and run "Head Cleaning"? It usually gets my D88 Photo Edition back to as good as new.

3. MacTT thread starter macrumors member

Hmmmm. Found it! Thanks.

Ok so I did everything the utility allowed me to do.

Still faded.. :( Any other ideas?

4. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Which program are you printing from? Preview has a lightness increase feature in Print, maybe that's on?

5. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

Get rid of your Epson as soon as possible. I will never buy an Epson again. Go for Canon or HP.

Epson has been sued numerous times through class action avenues regarding their ink, and they refused to acknowledge a defect in their CX5400 printers regarding the clogging of waste tubes. Mine died after the first supply of ink that came with it, and I treated the printer with the utmost care! At first it I thought it was the 'shoddy' Staples ink I bought, but the same thing occurred with Epson ink - blank pages. I bought a Canon. Print quality is slightly less crisp, but the ink is cheaper, it prints well enough, and it also includes a scanner and copier.

Go with Canon or HP. Drop Epson, please.

6. PoppyHart macrumors newbie

i know this might sound really stupid, but if your prints aren't distorted, try using Epson paper.. my printer was doing the same thing and i called ALL the experts but someone suggested i use Epson paper and suddenly everything is perfect.
    Try it, it might work... if all else fails.. EBAY! :p

good luck Poppy