Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
I need to be able to print via my living room PC to the Epson Stylus Photo R300 hooked up to my iBook G4 over a wireless network (router Linksys WRT54GS). The PC is running Windows XP. They're both on the same network. How would I go about doing this?

I previously had it the other way around (my iBook printing to the PC) but my dad did a clean install on his PC deleting all of the software I had that allowed me to do that, plus I did need to print pictures and graphic intensive things at time which I couldn't because with the software over the wireless connection I didn't have the option to print at best photo quality in color. So now I'm keeping the printer and my dad will just print to it whenever he needs to since he doesn't use it as much as I do when it comes to school work and assignments.

gsahli

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago
The often-missed point in that was to use a postscript print driver like the Apple Laserwriter xx, on the PC. I'm just following up to ask if you did that?

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
I'm having trouble with this now. My PC keeps saying access denied and at times it doesn't print until I restart. But yea I can't delete printer jobs on my PC as it says I'm not allowed to. And when I delete the printer to reinstall it, it comes back with the same print jobs even if I restart and/or cold boot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.