EPSON stylus rip server OS 9/OS X trouble

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mandylina, Sep 8, 2004.

1. mandylina macrumors newbie

epson tell me that the rip software i have for my stylus photo 1290 printer does not work with OSX programs. but this is a lie, i know it does, we had an older rip with an older printer and that worked!

what i need help with is trying to get this new one working. i can print to it if i set it up as a generic printer but then i cant pick the paper sizes in any of the programs. or i can see it and see all the paper sizes if i set it up normally but then it comes up with an unknown error.

can anyone help???

2. raytube macrumors member

Epson Rip

Hi,
    Which Rip software? is it running on OS9, or in Classic? or is it OSX?
    I have Epson Stylus Rip for OS9 and have had that working in Classic to print to an Epson Stylus Color 3000.

Rick

3. mandylina thread starter macrumors newbie

its version 4.51 for mac - works with the stylus photo 1290. i have managed to get it working in everything but illustrator now, after i contacted epson and they were no help whatsoever, just kept telling me that it doesnt work in OSX when i know we have had it working!

all i had to do in the end was to find a PPD in the classic system folder and move it into my OSX printer folder on my hard drive.