Epson stylus &$) where is my utility software ???

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by alexidoia, Oct 16, 2004.

1. alexidoia macrumors newbie

Hello all.
    Since I have moved to OSX.3 I have lost my utility software that use to come with the epson stylus 740 !!!! I use to use this a lot to select different resolution or even to clean and align the head of the printer.
    Please help, the option 'utility' in the utility printer software of OSX is not available, do I need to install something ?
    Alex

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You didn't lose it, you deleted it. Reinstall it.

3. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    if you did still have it, it would be located at /Library/Printers/EPSON/Utilities

4. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

5. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

I'm having a problem that's kind of related to this too. Several of the preferences that used to show up in the print menu (Print Settings is the one I remember most because I depend heavily on it) have disappeared. This happened to my mom on her G5 a few months back, so she said she just copied the utility files from my G4 over to her G5 and it worked fine. Now my G4 has lost these options, as well as the PowerBook that I got for school, so I have no working utility files to copy. I've reinstalled from the disk on both computers, and I just tried it again from Epson's website. I really have no idea what to do. It's not making any sense to me, how can both of the computers loose certain print options. Anyone know whats going on?

Thanks.