Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1stBowman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Hi,

I am looking for a printer that I just plug into the wall, turn it on, and than have it connect to a wireless network, without having any physical wires to the printer (like having to physically connect to a least one computer or router).

Is the above mentioned printer completely wireless?

Thanks

sraber

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
Los Angeles
Hi,

I am looking for a printer that I just plug into the wall, turn it on, and than have it connect to a wireless network, without having any physical wires to the printer (like having to physically connect to a least one computer or router).

Is the above mentioned printer completely wireless?

Thanks
That looks like a nice one. Yes, just plug it in and do the setup. It prompts you through the complete setup. The printer can be anywhere in your house, garage, etc. that it can find your network. Enjoy!;)

graydog

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2010
Western Oklahoma,USA
That looks like a nice one. Yes, just plug it in and do the setup. It prompts you through the complete setup. The printer can be anywhere in your house, garage, etc. that it can find your network. Enjoy!;)

WRONG, sraber..................
I have a MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8 and bought an Epson WorkForce 545 all-in-one just before Christmas. I install driver, make connection between MBP and the 545, print one page, and they lose the connection. I have done this 18 times in 10 days. I have contacted Epson support and they gave instructions that were not in the book. They do not always work and even when they do, the two devices lose connection within 10 minutes. I currently have them connected with USB cable. I have my 3rd incident report filed with support and am awaiting an answer. It's a very nice printer, but doesn't work.

sraber

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
Los Angeles
I have a MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8 and bought an Epson WorkForce 545 all-in-one just before Christmas. I install driver, make connection between MBP and the 545, print one page, and they lose the connection. I have done this 18 times in 10 days. I have contacted Epson support and they gave instructions that were not in the book. They do not always work and even when they do, the two devices lose connection within 10 minutes. I currently have them connected with USB cable. I have my 3rd incident report filed with support and am awaiting an answer. It's a very nice printer, but doesn't work.

There will always be some instances of the wireless network not communicating or units with faulty parts. Get them to replace it if the remote function was the major consideration in your purchase.
I have no experience with this model but I do have an Epson XP 400 that has maintained it's WiFi connection for the month I have owned it and I am a satisfied customer.

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
I have the Epson Workforce 845 printer here, which probably has the same wi-fi connectivity hardware/software as your model. It has been in service for 13 months now with out once dropping the wi-fi connection. Easy setup and initial connection to the wi-fi network. It has functioned flawlessly with both my 2011 iMac and my iPad 2. No wires.

Can't offer any technical suggestions, as am pretty clueless about wi-fi configuration issues. But just wanted to give you some confidence that the setup should be able to work. Guess all you can do is to continue to work with Epson on this, as well as hopefully get some good technical advice from others on this list. Good luck!

graydog

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2010
Western Oklahoma,USA
I have a MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8 and bought an Epson WorkForce 545...................... It's a very nice printer, but doesn't work.

After contacting Epson the 3rd time, I talked to a very helpful Epson employee who found the IP needed to be changed. I did that and it seems to be working flawlessly for the last 3 days. It would have been a big help if that IP info had been included in the guide or maybe it was, and I overlooked it. Anyway, thanks for the help, guys. I would have taken it back if not for your comments and help. :)

sraber

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
Los Angeles
After contacting Epson the 3rd time, I talked to a very helpful Epson employee who found the IP needed to be changed. I did that and it seems to be working flawlessly for the last 3 days. It would have been a big help if that IP info had been included in the guide or maybe it was, and I overlooked it. Anyway, thanks for the help, guys. I would have taken it back if not for your comments and help. :)

Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy, :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.