eq beta

Discussion in 'Games' started by ThoughtKriminal, Jun 4, 2003.

1. ThoughtKriminal macrumors member

2. job macrumors 68040

job

Hey, congrats making the beta.

What are you running it on, and how's the performance.

I didn't get it, but I'd like to know if the Mac version is as fast as the PC version.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I tried to sign up for the beta but ran into a problem on the signup form - it had a dropdown list where you have to select your country. The list contained the following items: United States. Where are all the rest of them? I emailed them asking about this and didn't get a reply.

4. maximumjack macrumors newbie

i'm on!

i've been plying for about three weeks on and off, and i must say it's absorbing fun!!
    running G4 733mhz, 768MB...cable modem.

5. ThoughtKriminal thread starter macrumors member

im on 1ghz g4 imac with 64mb geforce4 MX and 768ram. I run all the models, high textures, and full clip plane at 1440X900 and it looks great and loads fast. Alot faster than my PC ran it, but my PC was a peice of crap.

the beta server is bad for dialup though, i cant really stay connected yet. Im sure it will be fixed before gold. the game looks great and its going to be fun to go through the entire content first on the server without having to catch up when it actually comes out. fine steel will be uber! I think Mac gets its very own area that PC wont have as well =)

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Good to hear, if it is good enough maybe a possible buying.

7. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

8. ThoughtKriminal thread starter macrumors member

at the SOE website, i dont know if they are still accepting applications though.. i think its going to be a really short lived beta. it doesnt seem too buggy to me, and the game has already been in like 5 years of devolpment heh.

and yeah, if you have like.. a few hours at a time to play a game, everquest is worth subscribing to. its a really fun game if thats your thing, kind of like a chatroom with alot of stuff to entertain you and stuff to accomplish.

9. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Yeah, I'm on it too. I don't remember my name though. I have a Dual/GHz/DDR PowerMac with a Gig of ram and a G4MX 32MB.

It seems to run well there are a couple glitches here and there that I report. For the most part I am totally lost. I have never ever played a game like this and it really hasn't caught my interest. I have maybe spent 2 hours total on it and I don't know the graphics kind of suck and it's just kind of lame. Give me QuakeIII any day over this. Maybe I'm missing something. If I am tell me what. Also I'm kind of stuck well not stuck just bored. I have given the letter to the archer dude and now I'm just fighting a bit to gain levels but I keep diing which sucks. Am I supposed to be doing something?

10. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

I'm waiting to see World of Warcraft before I get involved with the long-delayed EverQuest.

11. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

ya Im going to play world of warcraft instead of EQ but the beta is pretty cool my graphics card sucks though so I need a new on ASAP

12. Brad Oliver macrumors regular

One of the things you're missing is that the beta is under an NDA. This isn't the appropriate place to be talking about it.

13. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Yes I realize that but I am not giving any specifics. Also I am not asking for help that from what I understand isn't available for the PC game. Apparently the script and game play are exactly the same. Once again that information does not come from the beta but from the press releases given to the game sites.

14. ThoughtKriminal thread starter macrumors member

yes, i have to agree with MacBandit.

you cant really include the actual gameplay of everquest in the NDA considering that everquest has been out on PC for like 5 years already.

and macbandit, yeah you are missing something.. people. Everquest is boring unless your in a group or raiding. The beta doesnt have enough people on it for that.. but when the server is more full the game will be better if thats your thing. personally i think its like a chatroom more than an intensive game.

15. Brad Oliver macrumors regular

That doesn't matter. Comments like "there aren't enough people in the beta", "it seems to run well", "there are a few glitches" - these are things that, good or bad, are representative of the beta and are covered by the NDA.

16. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

If you say so I'll quit posting here completely about anything to do with it but saying a beta has glitches is not giving specifics and I didn't say anything about people.

17. Brad Oliver macrumors regular

I say so. :)

It doesn't matter if you give specifics or generalities - an NDA is an NDA.

18. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I'll quite talking about the Mac Demo though I just read through the NDA and it says nothing about talking about it it basically says that you can't let anyone else use it and or copy it or move it in anyway from your computer. Also you can't take images of it. I could not find anywhere were it says anything about discussion. In anycase it doesn't keep me from asking questions about the PC game.

19. Brad Oliver macrumors regular

It's not a demo - it's a beta. There's a difference, although if you're just in it to play free games, I can see where you might not care.

20. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i got into the first beta i believe a month or so ago, or at least an early one. i gave it away to someone on the forum and he messed it up somehoe, so now he cant play it. we could never get it back working again.

iJon

21. job macrumors 68040

job

Not so sure if that's legal either.

22. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yeah yeah, its not hurting anything. i didnt want to play so i gave it away.

iJon

23. job macrumors 68040

job

eh. to each their own. :)

24. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Sorry for the mistype. I know it's a beta and I am picking out the bugs as such but it helps to find the bugs if you know what to do. As it stands I can't do anything without dying.

25. hui__lim macrumors regular

Yeb, it sure sucked it didnt work lol