EQ for mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mazzone, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Mazzone macrumors newbie

Just wondering how many mac users are actually going to go out and buy the Mac version of EQ when it is released. Also what do you guys think about Sony deciding to make seperate servers just for the Mac people?

2. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

Re: EQ for mac

I never liked the game, but more games for mac is always good

3. Mazzone thread starter macrumors newbie

Well there is also Shadowbane for Mac, i'm a beta tester... and for some reason the Mac version of the game runs better on my PC than on my mac =p

4. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

the game never looked that interesting, and i certainly never intended to spend days online playing a game (like many i know). the game is really old and if you can't even use the same servers, there's really no point. it also seems to have outrageous hardware requirements for the graphics involved.
    ?

5. hui__lim macrumors regular

Yeah, I nearly most certainly buy the Mac version of the game. I purchased the PC version of EQ when it was first released and it was an amazing game, it still is.... (this was when i was a pc user) However, as they upgraded the game, in game graphics got much better and it was too computer intensive for my com... Highly recommend it to anyone though... however very very addictive...

6. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

I think that I should add that having a only mac server for EQ is a good thing, That way we all start off at the same point and they may have fixed some Economy issues that are in the PC version that will work out better in this one because we are starting over

HIGH REQS for a 2 year old game (think its about 2)
    I would get it if I had a better computer

I WANT WORLD OF WARCRAFT MORE!!!!:D

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

its good that they have seperate servers for the mac people. if all you mac people went onto the the pc servers you guys would get creamed.

iJon

8. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I think its closer to 4 years old actually lol

9. hui__lim macrumors regular

Argh, guess that I will have to buy a new EQ account now for the mac... Sigh...

10. job macrumors 68040

job

i'd much rather play shadowbane.

with the min. reqs somewhere around 350Mhz, who wouldn't?

11. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i heard that game was terrible. my friend got into the beta and gave me his os x client but i still dont feel like playing it.

iJon

12. job macrumors 68040

job

meh.

apples and oranges.

i'm not too big into MMORPGS anyways.

EQ is an old game anyways, but you will still have people out there wanting to play it, just like CS. the engine is old yadda yadda yadda..

besides, i'm more of a MMOFPS fan. ;)

13. Das macrumors regular

DAoC or AC2 are much better than EQ, but hey, I'm still playing Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast =D

14. ThoughtKriminal macrumors member

this is too little too late from varant as far as im conserned.

they have been pushing jedi knight and EQ2 for so long that EQ will soon be basically dead to the world. so they are deciding to sell it to mac users hoping to hang onto the riegns of this cash cow as long as they possibly can.

if you have never played EQ before, and really want to. than it might be fun for you, i wouldnt recommend against it.

the all mac servers are great imo though. EQ is boring unless you start out on a fresh server.

with Shadowbane, and particuarly Worlds of warcraft around the corner i kind of doubt macEQ has much of a chance. however a server with only like a thousand people on it would probably be alot more fun. except late at night when your looking for a group.

btw, EQ is at least 4 or 5 years old. the reason the requirements for EQ are so inflated is because they have an old crusty graphic engine, and slapped a billion polygons into and called it a revamp. and the basic "goal" of the game is to get 40 people together and gangbang buffed up mobiles for a couple peices of gear. combine all of those polygons moving around on an old direct 3d engire and your going to burn alot of silicon.