equivalent for a 1.9 GHz G5?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by fnq v much, Apr 25, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 25, 2007
    When/if Apple ring admitting our 17in (13in usable) LCD screen is not going to be replaced anytime soon what can I expect and do I try to bargain for better? Two weeks without has shown us how much our iLife centres on a Digital Hub - Safari, Movies (35GB), iTunes (23GB) - and we need it for work but apart from invoicing and general book keeping our use of Classic is down to negligible now. With 30 days use of Pages I could probably pdf the stuff we need so Intel should be considered, given Australian Store's refurbs range is limited to Power Macs and Powerbooks. Should I expect a new base-model (1.83GHz,512MB, Combo- and Intel, A$1,549) or 2.0GHz,1GB, SuperDrive and ATI, A$1,849, to replace the severely compromised base model (1.9GHz,512MB, Combo- and ATI) we paid A$1,817 for 15 months ago?
  2. macrumors 65816

Apr 17, 2007
    in terms of speed, yeah it'll perform pretty closely. id go for more ram tho, cpu isnt all that important really.. the only thing the imac lacks is expandibility. if u dont care about that, then go for it, its an awesome machine.