ER... changed?

Discussion in 'Community' started by shadowfax, Oct 2, 2003.

1. shadowfax macrumors 603

Sep 6, 2002
    Houston, TX
    All you ER viewers out there, did you see ER tonight?

I haven't watched ER since sometime last year. i used to love it, but then they started turning the show into some sort of walking agenda--they started pushing around the abortion controversy, dabbled in the homosexuality, and somehow every episode the doctors would have to break some medical protocol to "help a patient" or something. it got really repetitive and dull.

i ended up watching a new episode tonight, though. i was surprised to see that Kovach was killed... i thought it was slightly clichéd that he turned out to be alive, but at the same time, tonight's episode had something great to it. i really loved the irony of how he had turned on god and then it was the cross that the woman he'd helped gave him that saved his life. i also liked how they turned from political controversy to humanitarianism and good values like sticking up for your friends.

heh, i also liked Noah Wyle's iPod :D

thoughts? has ER gotten better this season, or was this just a lucky shot tonight?
  2. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    My wife and I are big ER fans. We never miss an episode. Actually think that ER has impoved it's story line. Being in the medical field even makes it more enjoyable for both of us. It seems that all of the show have been putting forward controversial story lines. ER tends to be like a lot of other shows, in that they follow a story line. It's the reason that we hate to miss an episode.

Yes, I also enjoyed Dr. Carter with his iPod. It was a continuing theme through the show. What was great for Apple was when the Aid worker ask, "What are you listening to?" His answer, "I'm listening to my iPod." Wonder how much that cost Apple?

I also like the religious transformation Kovach, it saved his life. Do you remember the episodes with the Bishop? On one show he commented that he saw a religious future. My wife wondered if this experience will cause Kovach to become a priest?
  3. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

Jan 5, 2003
    I'm an ER fan also. There's been a lot of changes in the cast in the last few years, but I think its good to see some new faces.

This season so far has been great, and I think it will continue to be. I enjoyed Thursday's episode, and now I wonder how long Carter will stay in the Congo.

Of course, the iPod line was great, too! :D
  4. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001