Erasing apps and drivers without clean install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by epicwelshman, Sep 9, 2006.

1. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

Hey all.

So my MacBook arrives on Monday (I missed the FedEx truck on Friday) and I know that there are a lot of programs and printer drivers included in OSX that I'll never ever use. So I'd like to free up some space for things I do use. I know that if I did a clean install of OSX I could pick and choose, but is there a way of erasing all these drivers and programs without having to do a clean install? Thanks.

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

To delete the apps and drivers you don't want or need, just drag them to the Trash and delete them. Easy as that and twice as simple. This will leave the odd small file on your Mac (Preference files and the like) but these won't cause any problems just being there and only take up a few kilobytes of space. If you really want to remove them though, look at an app like AppZapper.

3. epicwelshman thread starter macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

Thanks so much! While I've used Macs for years, this will be my first personal one, and I am very excited.

4. iVersa macrumors 6502

I just used monolingual which I found linked in another thread, it free'd up 1.4gb. pretty useful.