Ergonomic Keyboard Options

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by spellflower, Aug 26, 2005.

1. spellflower macrumors regular

Jun 7, 2005
    I suffer from chronic writst problems (not carpal tunnel, but very painful) which are aggravated by typing. I don't want to end up like some of my friends who have required surgery and cortisone shots, so I'm looking into ergonomic keyboards. A lot of products that are described as "ergonomic" seem to be regular keyboards split in half. Others are radical redesigns that look nothing like traditional keyboards. All promise to be better on the body, but few actually have independently obtained data to back this up. The model I'm strongly considering is the Datahand (

Does anyone have experience with any ergonomic keyboards, especially in conjunction with Macs?
  2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

May 28, 2004
    In a false sense of reality...My Mind!
    Wow, I've never seen such a thing before (your link). I've only looked at and used the split keyboards before for gaming but it's been a few years since I've used one for everyday use since I use my tablet for most things now.
    Good luck with this :)
  3. obrien234 macrumors regular

Apr 12, 2005
    Brighton, MI
    Vertical mouse

If you don't get the data hand, and do end up getting a keyboard...a good choice for a mouse (ergonomically) is the vertical mouse from evoluent