Ergonomic natural keyboard

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by atomiton, Sep 23, 2004.

1. atomiton macrumors regular

I know a lot of people don't like the ergonomic keyboard style... but it's like Macs... once you go back you never go back.

Once you go ergo, flat keys blow.

Can anyone recommend a good Mac-style ergonomic keyboard?

I'd love a bluetooth ergonomic keyboard... any experience?

I want to get my first mac... and plan on getting BT, with a macmice BT mouse too.

2. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

3. atomiton thread starter macrumors regular

what... straight... instead of contorted?

4. atomiton thread starter macrumors regular

5. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

my keyboard fits my hands perfectly. it's not designed to be especially ergonomic but it's very comfortable. i like typing at an angle to the keys as opposed to having my hands aligned with them and on an ergonomoc keyboard even if my hands are slanted theyre in alignment so then i have to align them uncomfortably to get them at the right angle

6. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

I have to agree with you on the ergo keyboards. Once you get used to one you dont want to switch back. it does take some take a little time getting used to it but if you type correctly they are much nicer on your hands. (BTW I have heard the crap post right about this stated about ergo keyboards quite a bit but I find that people who use them and get used to them like them a lot more.) I can uses a regular keyboard but I just dont like how they feel as much. It either my Ergo keyboard or a laptopkeyboards is what I like to use.

As for helping you find a good one I not much help since the keyboard I use is coming up on 3 years old and it just a MS natrual wireless keyboard with the multi keys on it

7. atomiton thread starter macrumors regular

cogito, ergo, zoom

I agree.

Using the ergo is a lot like the mac/win debate.

The biggest complaint win users (like how I used to think) is that I just didn't get the mac OS. It doesn't do right-click, there's no taskbar, it's weird... not used to it... and the shortcuts I use on windows don't work...

It's the same with ergo keyboards. In an ergonomic sense, they technically are superior, however, you need to get used to them before you can type more comfortably and it's much more natural... like the Mac OS, imho.

I'm going to do a search... I use the MS ergo at work on my PC, but I'd rather something less ugly to match the G5 Imac I am ordering.

8. Xenious macrumors 6502a

hands down, Microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboard. Ergo style and lots of helpful extra buttons for itunes control. :) It even kind of matches a G5. Not as cool looking as the apple BT keyboard, but more key functions and more comfortable.
    -jim

9. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

uh, what?

10. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I agree that ergo keyboards are far better, but I like using an Apple keyboard with my Mac. At work I use an MS Natural Keyboard since I'm stuck with Windows there anyway, but there is just something wrong with using a keyboard that has a Windows key on a Mac. :D

11. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Adesso makes some very comfortable products though they're a little quirky and their Media Keys don't work properly under OS X. I'm using one of theirs at home and it's very comfortable, nice big keys, pretty fast too once you get used to it.

12. atomiton thread starter macrumors regular

I'll look into it...

why won't Apple make an ergo keyboard?

13. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

That easy. Ergo Keyboards are kind of more of a small market. So a small market insided a nitch markent is not a good idea and is extermly poor bunisses practic (apple has a few items right now in that catgoriy but I can see long term growth in all those and have future plans for them to expaned beyond the mac only base)

14. spinner macrumors regular

Check out these keyboards from www.adesso.com

Here and Here

I have one without the media keys on it and it works well in OS X.

15. atomiton thread starter macrumors regular

Could be right Timeless... but still, it's a keyboard... not a computer... I can't imagine THAT many resources going into making an ergo "keyboard"