Eric Schmidt says Android is more secure than iOS

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Brandon263, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 6502

Sep 12, 2009
    Beaumont, CA
    Here we go again:

2. macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Oct 31, 2009
    Near Dallas, Texas, USA
    Oops. :rolleyes:

3. macrumors 6502a

Mar 21, 2008
    contrary to popular beliefs, its not like the moment you use Windows PC you are infested with viruses and malwares. same with Android. it's always the USER/YOU. YOU have to do something to get a malicious software on your computer or devices.

so how is it device security deficiency? where's the talk about user responsibility?

i can encrypt my Android phone. i can encrypt my storage. i dont have this malware issue on my android. why not? Its because i get my apps from legitimate sources like Google play store and Amazon. my god if people simply remembered this, android wouldn't get a bad reputation. its just like the warez programs on PC. uninformed users download pirated/malware APKs from websites, install on their phone -> Android gets a bad reputation. yes, this makes a lot of sense.
  4. macrumors 603

Aug 3, 2006
    I think to really define "more secure," you really need to first define the metric by which you're measuring security.

It looks like Android has had less vulnerabilities over it's life:

On the other hand, the ability to side-load applications on stock Android poses a huge security risk, but as chagla pointed out, the responsibility here falls on the user.
  5. macrumors 603

May 21, 2012
    Let's say Eric is right, considering he was laughed at would indicate there is a significant perception issue when it comes to android security.
  6. macrumors 603

Nov 5, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.