erm what the deal with HE AppleCare?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by daneoni, Nov 7, 2006.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I was just considering living with my MBP's screen and not returning it since the problem seems to be widespread and the MBP is awesome at everything else. Also i thought "i have 3 yrs warranty so if anything goes wrong then...."

Then i actually entered my serial number into the box on the support page and it says i have.......352 days of AppleCare left?!?. Where's the 3 years?!?

2. todd2000 macrumors 68000

I assume your aware you have to Purchase AppleCare to extend your 1 year warrenty to 3 right?

3. Teddy's macrumors 6502

Did you actually buy Apple Care? If yes:
    Have you activated your Apple Care coverage? If yes:
    Call Apple Care and get that straight up.

4. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

You have to buy AppleCare to get this?, i thought no additional cost was the operative phrase here?:

[​IMG]

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

That is correct. You have 1 yr regular applecare. The 3 year there is on parts and labor and does not extend to phone tech support etc. So your applecare runs out at 1 year but you get three years on the equipment.

6. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

However, you WILL get telephone hardware support in the instance of faulty hardware. What you won't get is telephone support for software issues. If your machine develops a fault, you will be able to phone without the need to pay any fee.

David

7. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

8. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Where did you find this?? I can't find this anywhere on my university apple page... This would be big news for me!

yt

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You cannot find it because you are not located in the UK. This is an Apple UK policy -- it does not apply to the USA.

10. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

thought so... I guess Apple need to do something to offset the price gauging they do in the UK.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

And it only applies to UK Students & Teachers.

HE Agreement.. Higher Education

12. kunihirodestro macrumors newbie

In relation to this I have applecare HE with my macbook. However I was wondering whether I have to register it or is it automatically paired up with my macbook - I'm saying this just because I only was sent a book and CD when I recieved it and no large piece of paper saying REGISTER NOW.

AND I can't seem to find anywhere on the website to clarify the situation.
    Sorry for the questions.

13. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Hmm thats odd, My MacPro I brought through HE, and I have around 1000 days+ (cant remember off hand)

I suggest you call up AppleCare and see what they say. It should be the standard 3 years on everything.

14. 21stcenturykid macrumors 6502

If you buy applecare for the full 3 years with your computer i do believe its automatically registered? Mine was anyways. to the OP for the extra £45 quid its worth the apple care apbove what you get on from HE because if you do need phone support i think it cost £25 before you can even speak to them if you want advice outside of applecare? or have i remembered wrong?:rolleyes:

15. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

I don't think registration is automatic. When I bought AC with my iBook last year, I got a call 10 months later, reminding me to register the applecare.