Err...CS:S problem..

Discussion in 'Games' started by xelL, Jun 26, 2006.

1. xelL macrumors newbie

Ok so I've heard that Counter Strike Source runs just fine on the MacBook, so I decided to give it a try. After finally downloading it though, I have a problem stopping me from playing. After the loading screen starts up, the screen turns black. It's still actually running, because when I scroll the mouse around I can hear the menu options clicking when I hover over. Any idea what that could be?

My only assumption is perhaps the RAM...but I dunno how that could be...so any suggestions would help greatly.

Thanks.

2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Probably a stupid question - have you installed the Mac drivers yet?

3. xelL thread starter macrumors newbie

Indeed I have... and this is on BootCamp, as well.

4. smwatson macrumors 6502a

smwatson

As a CSS veteran on PC, im pretty sure that this is a problem with your GFX settings in game. This is quite a risky thing to try, but there may be a way for you to change them:

1. Hover your cursor in the top-left corner of the screen
    2. Move it down the screen until you hear the first sound of it being over a menu button.
    3. On the fourth sound, you should be over settings.
    4. Click on that

If a window appears, navigate to Graphics - Advanced, and set EVERYTHING on the lowest possible setting.

If a window doesnt appear, then i dont know :confused:

5. benpatient macrumors 68000

nothing to do with your RAM. Windows isn't nearly as picky about RAM as OS X is. It sounds like a graphics driver problem.