Err...CS:S problem..

Discussion in 'Games' started by xelL, Jun 26, 2006.

1. xelL macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2006
    Ok so I've heard that Counter Strike Source runs just fine on the MacBook, so I decided to give it a try. After finally downloading it though, I have a problem stopping me from playing. After the loading screen starts up, the screen turns black. It's still actually running, because when I scroll the mouse around I can hear the menu options clicking when I hover over. Any idea what that could be?

My only assumption is perhaps the RAM...but I dunno how that could any suggestions would help greatly.

2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2005
    Probably a stupid question - have you installed the Mac drivers yet?
  3. xelL thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2006
    Indeed I have... and this is on BootCamp, as well.
  4. smwatson macrumors 6502a

Sep 30, 2005
    London, England
    As a CSS veteran on PC, im pretty sure that this is a problem with your GFX settings in game. This is quite a risky thing to try, but there may be a way for you to change them:

1. Hover your cursor in the top-left corner of the screen
    2. Move it down the screen until you hear the first sound of it being over a menu button.
    3. On the fourth sound, you should be over settings.
    4. Click on that

If a window appears, navigate to Graphics - Advanced, and set EVERYTHING on the lowest possible setting.

If a window doesnt appear, then i dont know :confused:
  5. benpatient macrumors 68000

Nov 4, 2003
    nothing to do with your RAM. Windows isn't nearly as picky about RAM as OS X is. It sounds like a graphics driver problem.