error -1119 (caused by proTools and an apprently wrong system clcok?)

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by andrewcocking, Nov 29, 2003.

1. andrewcocking macrumors newbie

Nov 18, 2003
    when opening proTools LE i get

'a program error occurred (-1119)'

this is strange, so i looked up support at the protools site and found the following:

'This means that the date/time on the on your machine is WAY OFF. Often the incorrect date/time can be caused by a system prefs/PRAM reset.'

The problem, however, is that my clock appears to be correct my date and time are spot on, there are even syncing with 'Apple Europe ('

is there another system clock im not seeing?, or any other suggestions would be very much appreciated.

andrew c.
  2. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    If I had to guess, I'd say to reset your Power Manager. How you do this depends on the model of Mac you're using, there's details somewhere on Apple's site.

It's possible that the Power Manager only exists on laptops, I've never had a Mac desktop (although I'm getting one this week :))
  3. GigaWire macrumors 6502

Dec 25, 2001
  4. andrewcocking thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 18, 2003
    im using panther on my 12" powerbook g4... thanks for the suggestions
  5. titolove macrumors newbie

Mar 1, 2004
    error -1119

Hello.. New to the group...
    I just installed Protools on my new G5 and am getting the same error -1119, and like andrew, i have my time set to the apple time server. Any news about this? I looked on Protools website and did find that there is a 6.2.3 update for the G5.. I'll try that, just looking to see if you ever figured out the issue.. thanks.
  6. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    iirc its still called the PMU in desktops.
    nevertheless check out for directions on how to reset PMU.

Also, dont forget to reset NVRAM too.