1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Error 3004

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by itsohkaye, Oct 12, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Restoring & Updating and getting this error! Now I can't do anything with my iPad. :(

2. macrumors newbie

I have the same thing but with my iphone 4. Now it's stuck in recovery mode and won't restore

3. macrumors regular

Same here. Really fckin frustrating

4. macrumors member

Yup me too. Can't just restore back to OS 4.x, only option is to restore to 5...which fails repeatedly.

5. macrumors newbie

Just give it a bit, and it'll be fine. Whenever Apple rolls out new software and millions of people download it at one time, this always happens. No big deal.

6. macrumors member

Ditto. Unacceptable for a production device with a production OS.

7. macrumors newbie

8. macrumors member

Does this really happen everytime? If so, you think they'd figure out some way to stagger it...

9. macrumors regular

I got the same thing, and my phone got put into recovery mode. I just unplugged it and replugged it, it asked me to restore so that's what I did. It's currently restoring my backup now onto iOS 5.

10. macrumors regular

You would think a company of their stature would prepare for sh** like this.

11. macrumors member

Mine did that too.....twice.....and failed both times :mad:

Make that three times...different error this time (some encoding web page error)

12. macrumors 6502

I've been getting a few of all these various errors... Still no iOS5!

Seems Apple's servers are getting killed these last few hours, probably as everyone is getting home and running the updates.

13. macrumors member

would the 3002 error be in any relation to the 3004 and the 3200 errors that people are getting? I have been getting the 3002 Error with my iPad.

14. macrumors member

I got 3004 error and got stuck in recovery mode which made me go back to factory settings. It appears to have lost the backups I made today and is in this cycle of failing the restore and telling me that I am stuck in recovery mode.

Fun times.

15. macrumors 6502

Finally! Just keep plugging it in and out and keep restoring.

Guess I finally snatched a spot on Apple's servers to verify the update!

In the restore process now.

16. macrumors member

biker74

My is now been plunged into recovery mode. Cant do anything with it, itunes now not finding my iphone. Anyone?

17. macrumors member

gooberguy

For me, I hit the restore process, get a spot on apple's servers, it goes through the restore, and at the very end it fails and gives me error 3004 :|

18. macrumors member

Mavrack

I have the exact same problem but thankfully it is restoring finally.

19. N-Y
    macrumors regular

i dont understand why the server has anything to do with it? if i was able to download the entire setup file, shouldn't it work?

20. macrumors regular

Just keep going!!

...the devices restore eventually..........just a bit scary when it repeatedly fails to restore......lololol

21. macrumors 6502

Same thing is happening to me..

22. macrumors regular

im in the same boat. my itunes wont even recognize the phone being plugged in

23. macrumors 6502

Add me to the list. My iPhone updated fine but a few hours later can't update my iPad getting the 3004 error all the time. aargh!

24. macrumors member

it probably stopped with the phone off or crashed. I had to hold down home and power one time.

25. macrumors newbie

Possible solution

I originally got a 3014 error, so I switched networks, then I got error 3004. I found the following article:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error3004

There are several solutions for 3xxx errors, but the one that ended up helping was listed as:

This worked for me, and got my phone out of recovery mode. Hopefully it wasn't just a fluke.