Error Code (1604) - Attempt to Downgrade From 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Clinton9031, Apr 2, 2009.

1. macrumors member

alright guys, when i attempted this restore i was not connected to the net, and my itunes has not been connected to the net since a sync while at 3.0...
    im downgrading because the firmware is too bugged, slow responce time, app crashes... there is a slew of reason

if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated

2. macrumors 68040

andybno1

if you have a spare USB port or one that is not being used at the min plug your device into that slot and try again :)

3. macrumors regular

go into DFU.
    hold the home and sleep for 10 seconds, then release the sleep but keep holding home button(ipod has to be connected)

then when you are restoreing press shift+restore(option/alt if ur on mac) and then pick your ipsw file

4. macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Firmware 3.0 was written not to be downgraded from. One if you have not installed the proper libusb you will not be able to get into dfu, and second, there is a long procedure to downgrade from 3.0. If you had read the notice on the developer central from apple, assuming you are a developer. They would have told you the details.
    As Per Apple:

5. macrumors 68040

andybno1

might be different for 2g iPod's but my 1st gen iPod downgraded with NO problems using vista and iTunes.

I used DFU mode and simply hit restore and since 3.0 was not in the proper updates folder it downgraded automatically