Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cealy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
MacBookPro 15 2.8 and cannot load Windows 7 through boot camp. Constant error "Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code 0x80070570" - have burned numerous copies of ISO file and even tried different media but to no avail. I get to approx 10% then this message occurs. Have seen this posted - never found a real fix for the issue. Am using Nero to burn image. Anyone have the answer?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Have you checked that your ISO is good? MD5 and CRC hashes are published.

B

Cealy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Have you checked that your ISO is good? MD5 and CRC hashes are published.

B

thanks much - you were right. Re-downloaded from digital river and second copy worked. Now if only I can get my MacBook Pro to see my portable WD Passport USB hard drive.... system doesnt even blink when I plug it in. On the windows side, says it cant load the driver! The drive is formatted NTFS. This sure is a learning curve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.