Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
I've recently erased my Hd (El Capitain was giving me issue) and I'm unable to log into the Mac app store or iTunes.

Formatting downgraded me to Mountain Lion. I opened the App store to upgrade to Yosemite. No luck.

Formatted HD again. No luck

Managed to install Yosemite as my Brother has a Mac too.

Installed Yosemite, App store still comes up with the same error.

I've called Apple but they don't know what it is, since apple.appleid.com works, my iCloud.com works. It's just the stores!

My account has now been "disabled for security reasons". Resetting it doesn't work either; email isn't sent to second account and answering the security questions don't work - it doesn't accept the correct answers to my DOB and credit card

Any ideas?

c55

macrumors regular
May 3, 2015
You put a beta on your main hard drive? I think the first step is getting your account back. You've called Apple about your account? They should be able to verify that it's your account over the phone. edit: whoops youre not in us, I don't know apple's support # for there, Google should though

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
The issue wasn't after installing the Beta. It was all working fine, but I installed Parallels and it was messing up my system so I wanted to erase.

Apple said my account is fine, which technically it is as I can use iCloud.com, just not reset my account. They hadn't heard of this error before but said it could be my network. I use my iPhone as a hotspot and went to a friends house to use their Wi-Fi but no luck. Same in safe mode...

At that point Apple suggested I drive over 100 miles to a AASP or Apple store... Not going to happen.

But even after erasing my disk, surely the issue should have gone?

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
My Brother has just signed in using his details on my Mac... Worked straight away!

Might not be related but when I reinstalled the OS, my iPhone got around 9 notification that my Mac is been accessed 200 miles away from me. Of course it's I that is using it, just the map data is wrong...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.