Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
I'm receiving an error while uploading a photo to FaceBook through the 4S. Anyone know if a solution? Searched online and didn't find a fix. The message just says "Error Sharing Photos". This is what the newest FaceBook app. Never had this issue before until I downloaded the newest FB app.

Thanks.

zubroza

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011
I have the exact same problem, BOTH on my iPhone 3GS and iPad 1. I get the same error each time I try to attach a photo to a regular wall post. This never happened with the old FB app. Updating both devices to ios 5 didn't solve the problem. The only way I can upload pics using the app is by going to albums and directly adding pictures there. I assume this is a problem every user experiences?

pradamary

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2011
Error Sharing Photos message on Facebook

I've always used my iPhone to share photos on Facebook. Recently whenever I try to share a photo I get a banner message that says Error Sharing Photos. It's very annoying. Would love a fix. Thank you.;)

stoked1

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2009
Facebook uploading photos bug

Thanks but I've done that already. I still get "Error Sharing Photos" at top of the FB app. Very odd. Anyone else getting this error with the newest FB app?

Yes, I haven't used FB for a week or so, but I'm getting errors when trying to post photos or comments, almost as if I'm logged out.
I checked around, and one scary FB site said I'd need the latest version of Adobe Flash, which would cut all non-jail broken iPhone users out if it were true.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Have you tried closing the app? Not, just pressing the home button - it's still open in the background. If you then close, when you open the App, it will not be at page you're looking at. Resets it.

Russelam

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
Fixed photo loading error

Hello - I just fixed this error by logging into the browser version of FB (logged in using Safari). There was a warning about a potential unauthorized login that I had to clear/confirm. Last night a joined my friend's wireless network and FB didn't recognize the network, which caused the error/warning. Anyway, once I cleared the error (via the browser version) I was able to attach photos again in the iPhone mobile FB app.

Hope this helps!
-Amy

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
USA
Maybe try logging into the mobile Facebook site rather than using the App and see if that works for you.

lilryan10788

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2007
South Fla
Error Sharing Photos

My 64 GB iPhone 4S on Sprint has the same gray banner appear when I try to upload any video I took with my camera. When I press the retry icon, the video tries to upload but the gray banner re appears when the blue upload progress bar reaches about 75%... and it takes forever just to get there. I have checked my WiFi settings, re installed the Facebook app, and checked the phone settings but everything works and is up to date. Uploading videos to Facebook has worked fine up until the past few weeks. Wish it would work right because I sorta liked this new phone more than my 2008 CrackBerry. SOS help me.

stajkowski

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2012
Here is the fix

OK, my wife was having the same issue, and I came to the rescue for a much needed back massage in return. Follow these steps:

1. Login to Facebook (Browser Version) on your computer.
2. Go to Account Settings.
3. Click on Security.
4. Enable Login Notifications.
5. Log out of the Facebook Mobile App on your phone.
6. Log back into the Facebook Mobile App on your phone.
7. You should get an email saying that an unrecognized user logged in on the mobile app.
8. Refresh the Facebook Security Section on your computer (Browser Version).
9. Make sure you are on the Security section and click on Recognized Devices.
10. You should see your mobile app now.
11. Log back out of your Facebook Mobile App on your phone and log back into it.
12. Post the many pictures or videos of your favorite cat with ease.

Man, what happened to the simple Facebook? Come back simple Facebook...

sirgromit

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2009
I too am having this problem since the most recent FB app update but unfortunately none of the suggestions in this thread have helped.

Peter Joseph

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2013
error and problems sharing from iPhone on Facebook

I too have this same problem. The pictures often don't do. Sometimes I get an error. Usually nothing, but they still don't appear on my Facebook. It's annoying. Functionality that doesn't actually function. Inconsistencies in Facebook apps and iOS probably to blame. Maybe it the rush to be ahead of the 'pack' that leads to incomplete and incompatible apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.