Errors compiling delimport-spotlight-plugin

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by JohnWi, Nov 11, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I hope you can help me: I am trying to play around a little with creating a spotlight plugin. So on http://ianhenderson.org/delimport.html I donwloaded the code provided for the great plugin that allows you to search for del.icio.us bookmarks using spotlight.

But even without editing the code, when I try to compile the delimport.xcodeproj file, I get 34 errors. To start with, it seems that xCode is unable to find certain files even though they exist in the source code's file structure at the path they should be. There are 2 other xcodeprof-files as well, which do not seem to work either.

Does anybody has any ideas how I could tackle the problems?

Cheers

John

PS: The author of the plugin recommends to download the source files using darcs. I used a software called Sitesucker instead to download the whole site including the source code. Might that be the problem?

2. macrumors 603

Cromulent

Darcs is version control software in the same vein as Git and Mercurial.

That sounds like the problem to me.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx for the advise. Sadly, I just managed to download the code with darcs - I used the command "darcs get http://ianhenderson.org/repos/delimport" as stated on the developer's website. But I still get the same errors.

As I never used darcs before, am I overlooking something when downloading the source code using the command stated above? Or do you have any other ideas?

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, made some progress: It had nothing to do with darcs but with the fact, that the required "keychain framework" was not in place. I now get only 3 errors concerning the "Linking" of obejcts... does anyone know what that could mean?

5. macrumors 603

Post the text of the errors. We can't see your screen from here.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

7. macrumors 603

Cromulent

If you are on an Intel Mac just disable the PPC build and only build a 32 or 64 bit Intel binary.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot, that helped. The compiler succeeds now, but I now get the following message:

[Session started at 2009-11-13 15:32:56 +0100.]
    dyld: Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/Keychain.framework/Versions/A/Keychain
    Referenced from: /Users/erikwittern/Desktop/Delimport/build/Development/delimport.app/Contents/MacOS/delimport
    Reason: image not found

The Debugger has exited due to signal 5 (SIGTRAP).The Debugger has exited due to signal 5 (SIGTRAP).​

I am still confused...

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, it works now. Just wanted to let you know. What I did: I just copied the "Keychain.framework" into the "Library/Frameworks"-Folder and now it runs smoothly. Thanks again Cromulent.