Errors in Google Phone story.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Mr Skills, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

I know that it's not good etiquette to correct someone's writing style, but since this is an official MacRumors post I think it's important to uphold the highest journalistic standards :)

I have posted this here so as not to hijack the original thread.

1) It should be There has been some buzz

2) It should be either The target audience for this rumored phone is said to be "Google ... users who don't have a PC" or The rumored phone is said to be "aimed at bringing Google to users who don't have a PC".

3) It should be have recently partnered

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

We try to keep small wording errors to a minimum, but we all make mistakes now and then. We also have to balance the time we take for editing with our members' interest in seeing news and rumors as soon as possible. And we try to accommodate the availability of our volunteer editing/proofing staff, given that it's a 24/7 website where news may appear at any time.

Sometimes we make corrections after the fact rather than holding up the story. If you want to report errors you spot, use the "Report Post" forum feature. As you noted, we don't want to clutter news discussion threads with comments on typos, since they are off-topic to the subject of the story and those comments have to be cleaned up by the moderators when corrections are made.

3. Mr Skills thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

Thanks! Is 'report post' the ! symbol? I didn't want to use that because I thought it was just for abusive threads etc. but I will from now on :)

Given that you have proofing people who might correct things later, is it still useful for people like me to report typos? I don't want to get in your way :)

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Yes. This one: [​IMG]

It's primarily for "problem posts" but it can be used for anything requiring our attention but not requiring a reply. The message will be seen by the "staff on duty" and forwarded if necessary to the appropriate people.

Yes. :)

As long as I'm talking about contacting us, I'll also mention, for the record, that if you need to talk to "someone in charge" and get a reply, you can use the Contact Us form or PM a particular moderator or administrator privately, or post public threads here in the Site and Forum Feedback forum. And everyone with information about not-yet-reported news and rumors can submit it!

5. Mr Skills thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

Thanks! I just tested out [​IMG] by submitting another type on the corrected version :D

6. savar macrumors 68000

savar

I'm about to submit a type on your post, too.

(I kid, i kid)

7. Mr Skills thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

8. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Gotta love it when that happens...