Escher Paintings with Lego Bricks

Discussion in 'Community' started by vniow, Nov 18, 2002.

1. vniow macrumors G4

This is pretty cool, some guy duplicated some of Escher's optical illusion paintings with Lego bricks. Other neat stuff as well.

click

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Damn, that's a lot of Lego bricks!!!

Very cool stuff, and I'd love to try some of that myself, but I'd need several $1000 of extra bricks, nutso!

The Ascending Descending is fantastic, but if you look carefully, it only works from one camera perspective - but the fact that they managed it at all is amazing.

D :D

3. macphisto macrumors regular

Ahhh, Legos, the original consumer of my time. Now Apple (well, computers in general.) ;)

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

WOW!

that is amazing! :eek:

I've often felt amazed while looking at that staircase...how it seems to just move downward...but somehow up...odd...

but that is truly amazing! :D

5. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Way cool!

Yeah, that's truly impressive! I agree with dukestreet: the staircase is the most amazing one. I'm not too fond of the Balcony, simply because of the photoshop filter used to distort the center of it. Yes, yes, I know there's no other way of doing it, but it just doesen't look as finished as the other two. Incredible, nonetheless!:cool:

6. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I never thought something like that would even be possible! Wow! But then again, I guess I never thought about it....

But here is the real question: Do they still have them or did they take them apart to build something else?

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That has always been my problem with lego - you just never had enough bricks. This doens't seem to be the case here though, like I said earlier, I'd love to have had access to so many when I was growing up.

D :D