Est. Ship Date is when???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by joseph_68, May 7, 2004.

1. joseph_68 macrumors member

Ordered my new PB 1.33, 15", 5400 RPM HD, 512 (2x256MB) from the Apple Store on Monday May 3rd. Estimated ship date is "on or before" May 7, but the order info. online still displays the "open" status. Anyone know what I can expect as to the actual ship date? Waiting... waiting... waiting... is the hard part!

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I had a BTO computer from Apple one time that arrived on my doorstep while the webpage still said open. Said open for more than a week after I had my computer. It will probably ship pretty close to the date it says.

3. tayzer2 macrumors newbie

What a coincidence

I also ordered a 15" PB on Monday with 2 BTO options-backlit keyboard and an extra 256 ram total 512...I too am having a hard time waiting. I thought I outgrew that but it's as bad as waiting for Santa Claus on Christmas. Geez..Hurry up! :p

4. jdogg707 macrumors regular

I ordered on 5/6 a 1.5GHZ, 128MB VRAM, 5400RPM, Combo Drive, 15.2" and my original ship date was on or before 5/11. Today it became on or before 5/19, so I called Apple, they knocked $50 off the price of the laptop and told me that it was in "processing" right now, which meant it would be shipping in 24-48 hours. If it hasn't shipped by Friday I am calling again and complaining because when I ordered the machine it said ship time was 1-3 business days, and I thought I would have no problems getting it by the 21st when I am leaving town on business.

My recommendation: Call them up and get some money back!

5. tayzer2 macrumors newbie

Did you get your Mac yet?

I am soooo sick of waiting for mine I could puke. Yet another weekrnd with my new machine. hurrrry the f$#k up! sheesh!!! :(

6. zach007 macrumors member

I'm waiting too...

I check the order status online every day probably 7 times a day just seeing where its at.. China.. Alaska...Indiana...supposed to arrive monday though.. Arkansas. The good thing is my iPod and other accessories already came in so I can play with that til it gets here.. I just can't put any music on it....

monday seems so far away.....