Estimate for Powermac G4?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by crazyfortech, Mar 1, 2006.

1. macrumors member

Hi

I have a

Powermac G4 Dual 500 MHZ
    512 RAM
    40 gb harddrive
    Airport via Motorola PCI card
    dvd drive
    6 extra usb ports
    10.4 tiger

how much do you think I could get for it, I really need to buy a mac mini it would really be alto faster then this piece of junk!

2. macrumors 6502a

jamesi

plenty of ppl here try selling a machine similar to this one asking for $500+. thats wishful thinking, your powermac has alot of upgrade potential (ie dual 1.8s) but i hafta say this system isnt worth more than 300 bucks. still not bad but im sure someone will shell out more just b/c its a mac

3. macrumors G4

dmw007

For your Power Mac G4, I would say a fair price would be around $300-$450. Macs tend to do very well (too well at times) when it comes to resale value. Plus, you have Mac OS X 10.4- a nice little bonus.

4. macrumors 68000

dsharits

That sounds about right. I got an estimate of $257 using the G4 Value report, but that's without Tiger, the USB card and the wireless card.

5. macrumors G4

dmw007

Oops, I forgot about the included wireless card and extra USB ports. That will help you fetch a slightly larger sum for your Power Mac G4. :eek: :)

6. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

If for some reason you cant sell it or get what you want out of it, and decide to part it out, I'll put dibs on the cpu NOW....

JLMK please :)

7. thread starter macrumors member

would having the box version of tiger help it? I have all the boxes and software but would it just be easier to sell it outright?

I'm selling this b/c i need a mac mini.

8. thread starter macrumors member

I paid 264 +30.00 shipping on ebay w/ no operating system no/ tiger/ no airport/ no usb

9. macrumors 68000

dsharits

How long ago?

10. thread starter macrumors member

in August, BUT in the listing it said that it may not work and the faceplate was missing for zip drie and 1 usb port was broken, then it said it should be just looked at for parts not to actually do anything wiht but I hope I can get my money back someway