ETA on next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eNcrypTioN, Aug 6, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Nov 4, 2009
    Sprint is pissing me off and my new corp discount is offering me 15% at AT&T. I'm for sure done with Sprint and my 4S is on its last legs... What date/dates are the rumors pointing at for the next iPhone to launch?
  2. macrumors 65816

Sep 23, 2005
    below Ash Tree Lane
  3. macrumors regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Althoug many rumors surrounding the nex-gen iPhone, budget iPhone and followup iPad, still no people can confirm these devices' offcial release date. I believe Macrumor or some other scientific website will get authentic releasing date the firs time.
  4. macrumors 6502

Nov 26, 2012
    I find it good to check the buyers guide for dates and approximate release schedules.

iPhone - - - -
    Recommendation: Don't Buy - Updates soon
    Last Release: September 21, 2012
    Days Since Update: 320 (Avg = 338)
  5. macrumors 6502

Dec 8, 2008
    It says "updates soon" for the iPod Classic as well. :)

Those recommendations just go by the average time to get updated in the past. It doesn't necessarily mean Apple will deliver.
  6. macrumors 68000

Aug 25, 2011
  7. macrumors 6502

Nov 26, 2012
    I am looking forward to a new ipod classic :D.

I mean its good to look at it for a general idea of when to expect the new iPhone, but yes, hardly accurate.
  8. macrumors 65816

Mar 4, 2009
    My money is now on the first 2 weeks of September. I'm sure a date will leak in the next week or 2 and be announced by the end of the month.

I know it's silly, but I'm starting to get excited. Even though they have not blown people away much recently, I still get excited to see what they are doing. Then I get let down like everyone else. lol But I'll likely get a new on again this year since I have an open contract on my account.
  9. macrumors 6502a

Nov 20, 2012
    I get excited too, but I won't get let down since the 5S will be my first iPhone. Now all I have to worry about is preordering the iPhone before shipping times get pushed back to 3–4 weeks.
  10. daijholt, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013

macrumors 6502a

Jun 14, 2013
    Wales, UK
    I reckon the launch event will happen in the first week of September. I'm basing this on one main item: the UK 4g rollout. O2 announced they'll launch 4g on August 29th, then 3 days later Vodafone rock up and do exactly the same thing. It was rumoured they had delayed launching until closer to the iphone release date, so I'm just trying to paint a bigger picture!
  11. macrumors 65816

Mar 4, 2009
    That's a good indicator actually. Last year AT&T powered up LTE towers in a ton of cities the week before the iPhone launch. They may have done it days after the announcement though, but I know many people (me included) wishing my area had LTE after the announcement only to get it days before the phone arrived!
  12. macrumors G3

Nov 29, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Yes... you basically just regurgitated the same information. It's a well educated guess based on previous data. But a new iPhone is coming, unless Apple wants to lose out on a ton of potential revenue. Sure, Apple might not deliver, but they'd be stupid not to.
  13. macrumors 6502

Sep 25, 2011
  14. macrumors 68030

Jul 19, 2013
    Western United States
    We're having a discussion about the iPod Classic in the 'iPod' subforum right now! Hoping for an update on it too :)