Ethernet and Displayport?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by kap09, Jul 8, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

I'm planning some major updates to our home network that includes my home office. I usually use my new air in clamshell connected to a dell display via displayport. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I might run the monitor and an Ethernet adapter at the same time? I do some heavy file transfers fairly regularly so this would be ideal if possible.

Thanks!

2. macrumors regular

luisito

3. macrumors 6502

4. macrumors regular

iterva

Just for the sake of giving you options, (although more expensive) this might be worth considering.
    There might be other brands that esentially does the same thing as the Belkin, and perhaps is cheaper...Don´t know for sure, but surely Google does ;)

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I had ruled out a USB adapter but hadn't thought about finding a USB3 option. Might give that a shot.

----------

I had checked that out when I considered running two displayport displays from the air but just couldn't bring myself to eat the cost. That just got me drooling over it again, haha.

6. macrumors regular

iterva

See it as a sign :D

7. macrumors 603

scaredpoet

the Belkin dock is definitely a nice piece of kit, and makes things really easy for me. Instead of plugging in multiple USB, audio and external display plugs when I'm at my desk, I jsut plug in power and a single thunderbolt cable and everything is there. Well worth the cost.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

That's adding to the drool factor. I hate the current pile of cables I end up hooking up...