Ethernet....OOPS

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by joepunk, Jan 25, 2005.

1. macrumors 68030

joepunk

Last Sunday I take my PB out of my bag and BANG I bump it against a table. I go to check to make sure nothing was damaged but to my horror/shock I have this :eek: (see pic)

I have yet to try to see if I could still use an Ethernet cord, will do that later on to night. What do you all think? Will I still be able to use the port? Luckily it was not a USB or Firewire port and thankfully it has airport.

I just hope nothing else was damaged. I am guessing I can't use apple care. Right?

Attached Files:

2. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

AppleCare won't cover it (not a warranty item), but, as long as you can cram a cable in there, it should work just fine.

Edit: I wouldn't try screwing with fixing it, or at least wouldn't apply too much pressure. If the port works, I'd leave it as-is and just see it as adding "character" to your PB.

Sorry, though. :(

3. thread starter macrumors 68030

joepunk

Was not even going to try to screw with it at all. Knew that AppleCare wouldn't cover it. I just had to ask to reasure myself of that info. Thanks.

"character"....Now I can show it off to friends with pride and show them the mark of passage or whatever :D

4. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm pretty sure it got that scar opening a can of whoop-ass on a Dell laptop. ;)

5. macrumors G3

Counterfit

If you're the adventurous type, you could take off the bottom case (which basically requires complete disassembly :() and (VERY CAREFULLY) tap out the dent with a hammer or some such object. The port itself should be just fine though.

6. macrumors 65816

sjpetry

The port will work because the shell took the hit. Sorry