Etymotic Research ER-6 Isolator Earphones

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by patriotn11, Apr 26, 2004.

1. patriotn11 macrumors member

Apr 7, 2004
    I ordered my new PB 17" fully loaded from Apple, I order a bluetooth mouse, screensaver pad, rubber spacers and tool kit from
    1 X 512 MB from

Now I am looking for a real nice pair of earbud head phones so when I'm loafing on my couch, I can sit back without big head phones getting in the way of my quality loaf mode, of course since I have the Quality PB, I want quality ear buds as well.

Let me know what are the best ear buds and if the above model is great.

Also, my ship date for the PB is on or before May 3rd, do you all think maybe I'll see it delivered next week!

Michael :)
  2. Bhennies macrumors 6502

Mar 20, 2004
    NYC & Baltimore
    Get the Shure e2's. They are fantastic and only 79 bucks at Guitar Center. Very, very high quality drivers and the cords tuck behind your ears which is a wonderful feature. I love em.
  3. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Apr 9, 2003
    Canada GTA
    i have the Shure E3c and can't be happier (except maybe when i get the E5c).

the sound is clear, separation is very visible (audible?) and everything is so clear and crisp. i love it. it makes everything i've heard before seem new again. and keep in mind that the Shures have much better bass than the etymotics.

for more detailed reviews, check out - but i'll definitely reccommend the Shures. they look better and are ergonomically better too. just look at their design, the behind the ear style reduces microphonics (sound from walking, moving etc on the cables), it also puts it out of the way so it won't interfecre with your work.