Euro Trip Question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CubaTBird, Dec 18, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

alright, ill be headed off to europe for three weeks pretty soon, portugal specifically, and wanted to know if my American AOL account would work with AOL europe.. you see i don't use aol on my mac here, i have regular hi-speed internet.. but my father decided to keep aol around for "backup" reasons.. and im like :confused: .. but whatever.. so yeah would it work? are the phone connections over their the same as here too? i will be utilizing dial up and realize it will be slower than cable, but hey it'll do.. :eek:

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

I don't have any answers to your questions although I'm sure AOL's help page might have something. Generally in Europe, you pay for local calls so it could get quite expensive if you're on the internet for a long time. Here's a link to a Portuguese Wifi provider, that might be less expensive in the long run. http://www.ptwifi.pt/Default.aspx

Wifi is pretty prevalent and will be a lot faster than dial up, also many hotels seem to offer wireless as well. I guess it just depends upon your needs and where you'll be. Good luck!

3. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

If you want dialup, then just google for "free internet/dialup *insert country here*". Don't bother with AOL