Europe electrical converter?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by shakespeare, May 3, 2003.

1. shakespeare macrumors 6502

I'm going to Europe soon, and this time, I'd like to bring my PowerBook and iPod. But all the electrical voltage converters I see when I shop around say explicitly that they shouldn't be used with products that have electrical circuitry, like computers and battery rechargers. Is there any way I can charge my PowerBook and iPod (and my digital camera, while we're at it) whilst I'm in Ireland and Iceland?

2. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

look at your AC adapter, you'll notice that it is good for a range of voltages and frequencies, you only need to worry about the wall-plug for which adapters are easy to come by.

3. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Re: Europe electrical converter?

I think all you'll need is a plug adapter, look on the transformer that came with your powerbook and ipod, they will probably say 100-240 volts. My uk bought ipod would work in America, all I need is a plug changer, which I believe is the same thing you will need.

Meh... you beat me to it!

4. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

Apple actually sells plug adapters that work with the Powerbook and iPod chargers, assuming you have the newer square power adapters. You can buy them at the Apple Store both online and at the retail locations.

5. shakespeare thread starter macrumors 6502

Grooviness. Thanks, guys. I do have one of the newer square bricks, so all is well. Yay Apple.