Europe Sim Card For iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Stiney, Jan 13, 2009.

1. macrumors member

I am traveling to Europe a couple times this year and I am looking for a good sim for my 3G. I would like to have the same number over the course of my trips and have been doing some research. I was wondering what everyone thought of these companies. Also, let me know if your favorite isn't on the list.

Thanks,

Call in Europe

Roam Simple

2. macrumors newbie

It would help to know where you're from. If you're using an American iPhone 3G (AT&T), you won't be putting a European SIM into the phone unless you've had the phone unlocked. American iPhones are locked to AT&T, and neither company is going to give you the unlock code.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Sorry I didn't supply enough info. I am in the US and have unlocked my iPhone 3G with Yellowsn0w (thanks Dev-Team). So at this point I am just looking for what people preferred to use. I like the two companies above because it is a post pay system. But, I am not really tied to the post pay system if others have had good experiences with different companies. I just thought the post pay would be a little easier. The only thing I am really looking for is to have the same number over the course of this year. Which will make me look at a services like these instead of buying SIMs in the different countries.

Thanks,

4. macrumors newbie

3GS iPhone in Europe

I must be more of a travel rookie with SIM cards, etc. Assuming I have an unlocked 3GS iphone, can I just buy a SIM card in the airport when I get to Norway or whatever?

5. macrumors newbie

I'd suggest to get one of these international roaming sim card. I used Travelsim without any troubles when I was traveling around Europe last summer.