European firms expect virus attacks to double

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jul 6, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors G5

May 2, 2002
    Mac users REALLY in for it

Double? Maybe for Windows users.

Mac users are in FAR worse trouble. One day OS X will get its first virus. It's only a question of when--the prestige of being first is plenty of incentive!

An increase of 0 to 1 is an increase by a factor of infinity! Poor Mac users! We'll be wishing we were on Windows and only facing an increase by a factor of two!
  3. macrumors member

Jan 10, 2002
  4. macrumors 68040

Jan 7, 2004
    Purcellville, VA
    My heart bleeds ketchup. People have a choice to not open virus-infected attachments they receive. (At least those not running MS Outlook have a choice :p )

On the other hand, my rate of spam arrival has averaged around 180 per day since I started keeping records last November. This past holiday weekend plus today has netted me 778 pieces of spam and only 25 pieces of legitimate e-mail.

If the newspapers want to write about a disturbing trend, why don't they start writing about the fact that 97% of e-mail is spam and that we're all paying for it in the form of higher ISP access fees?
  5. macrumors 6502a

Nov 26, 2002
    sunny san diego
    damn good point shamino, [bleeping] spam is absolutely out of control! it's unreal, my ratio of spam to real email is around 100/1 :mad: