European Wii shortage?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Markleshark, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

So basically, I have a friend who pre-ordered a Wii from both Amazon and play.com as soon as they were taking pre-orders, so his daughter could have one for x-mas. Well, working in Game I saw him this morning and he said he'd had an email from both saying they couldn't fill his preorder. So does this mean we're gonna get a shortage in Europe? We aint got any numbers at work, but we were expecting to get more than enough, but its looking like we might have a shortage. Bah.

2. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I certainly hope not, All I know is that GAME fulfilled there pre-order batch a few weeks back, so they aren't taking any....
    Apparently amazon.co.uk will only start taking pre-orders on the 21st of November, this is what I read on the newsletter i got a few days back.
    I have pre-ordered mine from HMV oxford circus and been guaranteed a console for the midnight launch which will feature the arsenal legend Ian Wright.....

So I don't think there will be s shortage but only time will tell,

ShadoW

3. Markleshark thread starter macrumors 603

Markleshark

We're still taking pre-orders at GAME in Carlisle, £20 a pop. I have one, can't afford the console mind... damn you iBook... But with my luvvly staff discount and the deposit taken off it makes the console a cool £130... Mmmm..

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

We had our pre-orders a long time ago. Ours was made several months ago now, legitimately through play.com. They're no longer accepting pre-orders so they must have ran out of initial stock? GAME in Manchester apparently will have enough, if not theres always GameStation, HMV and co. There will be plently, maybe the odd case of a sell-out.

5. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

mined pre-ordered from hmv.co.uk and i got an email to say i was guaranteed one. but it may not be on release day - it depends when they get stock from nintendo :mad:

maybe they are saying that just to cover their own backsides?

i hope so.. i dont mind if its not release day, as long as it's not more than a week late!!!

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well I know my local games store has now 16 pre-orders (mine fully paid off :D ) but are expecting around 40-45 consoles between launch and new-year.

So there wont be a shortage around here for people who want to get one lauch day..

7. takao macrumors 68040

takao

normally in europe there aren't that big crazy launches like in the US and japan but on the other side i know more people who are going for a wii on launch day than people who bought a gamecube over the last 5 years

actually 2 friends said they won't preorder just for the kick out of standing there in the morning and rushing in the store

8. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Please God no! I really want that Wii for day 1!

9. Markleshark thread starter macrumors 603

Markleshark

Sounds like fun. I hope theres a queue at Game. I'll be working, so ill just wander in and buy mine before we even 'open'

Luvvly.