EuroStar Mess up my Apple Expo trip

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by liketom, Aug 18, 2004.

1. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

2. iGav macrumors G3

Pay difference?? it's called London weighting for chuffs sake... :rolleyes: :p :p

Well if Eurostar are striking that weekend, then yes you probably will miss the Expo, unless you decide to either fly (it ain't all that expensive) or drive make a break of it and get the ferry. :)

I'd drive and get the ferry, that way you can fill your boot up with some el' cheapo beer on the way! Bottoms up! ;) :D :p

3. WeeBull macrumors newbie

Isn't the august bank holiday weekend the weekend before the expo?

The Expo runs from 31st of August to the 4th of September.

4. orbital~debris macrumors 6502

orbital~debris

The linked article says that Eurostar will redeploy workers from elsewhere in the company to cover those staff who do strike.

Despite that assurance, i hope nothing will mess up the AppleExpo trip I'm taking with my girlfriend. The trip we took to Paris last year for the AppleExpo worked well - except for the el cheapo hotel that was part of the deal (think narrow spiral staircase in pitch black with dodgy carpet :rolleyes: )

5. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Don't worry, as the above poster says, I heard on the news that Eurostar says their will be no customer disruption.

6. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

i hope not but as always you can never tell , i remember waiting for a plane for over 8 hours last year due to strikes ! not good

tom

7. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

you know i just thought they would! they are to strike on the 28th the day i am going to paris .

mmmm lets see can you say the word DELAY

tom