Evangelical Mac-ness info

Discussion in 'Community' started by stoid, Nov 8, 2003.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

For my college speech class we are to get a persuasive speech, and I have chosen to give my speech on the benefits of the Macintosh of Windows system. I am looking for solid unbiased reliable information regarding the superiority of the Macintosh/PowerPC processor and also for any other information regarding the illegal business practices that Microsoft has committed over the years.

The information can't just come from a website, and need to be able to be backed up by substantial hard sources in science journals or the like or in official court lawsuits.

*releases the hounds

Have fun all, and thanks!

2. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Good luck on finding any science journals or books written on the superiority of macs ;) Since they have always been a niche market product, the general consensus by the business and scientific world is that they are insignificant, and in turn not superior to PCs. Now you and I both know that macs have a multitude of features that PCs wont have a for a while [think Panther...], but beyond Mac user websites, you would be hard pressed to find any well-documented hard facts on the macs, obvious, but not published superiority.

Sorry...

-tazo

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

its probably going to be hard getting hard info on all this stuff because for years (actually still is) using macs is a choice of preference and opinion. i would just check like zdnet, wired, and cnet and cnn for info on microsoft illegal activities and praises on macs.

iJon

4. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

So basically I'd have to focus on news reports and the like for information on Microsoft virus issues, instabilities, and anti-competitive practices?

I'll have to ask the prof if that's okay.

5. medea macrumors 68030

medea

actually there are plenty of books about the history of the mac, mac vs windows, marketing tactics, os etc etc. you just need to look for yourself, go down to the local borders and see what they have. also there must be some site out there that lists the best books on the subject, one I've found with some books on the history and culture that might give you a start is http://www.everymac.com/resources/books/history.html

6. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

Sweetness!

Thanks, I wonder if my college library system has or can get any of those books for me, or if I'm going to have to drive to a real city with a book store to get them.

7. johnnowak macrumors 6502

You could come do that at me liberal arts college in NYC. Half the kids have macs.

8. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

Yeah, since as my location says, Northwest claims to be an "electronic campus" by making outdated cheap as hell 900 MHz 128MB RAM Gateway boxes running Win 2K professional available in all buildings including one poisoning each dorm room. I have gotten nothing but compliments on my 15inch AluBook, and I think that for the most part few on campus people know anything about Macintosh, and those that do are going off of the few schools they attended that used old Mac OS 7 or something and they don't realize just how awesome and stable and virus free that Mac OS X is.