Eve Online coming to the Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by harveypooka, Mar 10, 2007.

1. harveypooka macrumors 65816

"MacWorld's Peter Cohen confirms that EVE Online is coming to the Mac. CCP Games confirmed to Macworld that they would be bringing the game to Intel-equipped Macs. The company is working with Cider developer TransGaming Technologies."

Great stuff!

http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ID=14797

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

This news is like, weeks if not months old. :p

Still nice to know. :)

3. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm just the messenger! :D

I know that Uru Live runs on Cider, there have been mixed reports as to it's performance, but it'll be interesting to compare it to Eve. I also wonder how Cider will fare with the DX10 stuff? I wonder if it'll be an issue at all?

4. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

5. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

That's a big problem with Cider. They're still not true Mac games to me...just a way of getting them on the Mac with as little fuss as possible. What are the figures for Intel Mac users vs PPC Mac users?

6. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Changing rapidly in Intel's favour ;)

7. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha, I guess so! I read something on Yahoo yesterday that AMD could be struggling. Maybe Apple did make the right choice, but I don't think we've seen the last of AMD.

I'm all up for proper Mac game ports - like Aspyr do. On that note, still waiting for the GooBall UB!!!

8. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

Looking forward to EVE Online on my MBP :D I played the trial on my PC once - a relaxing change from WOW and others.

9. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

I failed horribly when trying to play. I couldn't even load my ffing ship with ammo. I flew out into space, fired a single shot and ran out of ammo then pirates blew me up. I haven't played since that fateful night!

10. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

Got an account, and play it in Windows. Thank Christ I won't have to reboot all the time just to switch skill training!