Even without iOS6, I am extremely fine with iOS5 already.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Henry Li, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Henry Li, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

macrumors member

Hi, everyone. After watching WWDC, I just felt, well, it is good to have some new functions in iOS6. But those functions they mentioned did not make me necessarily think I should immediately switch to iOS6. In fact, I am fine with iOS5 which provides me with enough functions for my daily life. Let's us think about whether those small enhancements can make up a big update from iOS5 to iOS6. My conclusion is apple has been lazy for recent years.

2. macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Great ...you've saved $0.

3. macrumors 603

Carlanga

I actually consider iOS 6 to be a bigger update than 5; almost every app has been redesigned or made better.

4. thread starter macrumors member

Agree. That's what I expected. Indeed, the user interface and theme has not been changed significantly for 6 years. Don't you think iPhone has become a boring gadget to us?

5. macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Good for you, it's not looking like the world's most essential update anyway. I'll probably skip iOS 6 if there's even the slightest buzz about it slowing down the iPhone 4S. Not dealing with that crap again after the iPhone 3G

6. thread starter macrumors member

For sure our 4s will possibly slow down and lag a bit on iOS6. It is not worth.

7. macrumors 6502a

ste1164

iOS6 is meant to be more optimised than 5. It's meant to run on the 3Gs better than 5 did so I don't think it will make the 4s slow n

8. macrumors 65816

I hope something can speed up the 3gs

9. macrumors 65816

There is, it's called iOS 3.

10. macrumors 65816

I was surprised to hear IOS6 would run on the 3gs after how much IOS5 slowed down the 3gs.

11. macrumors 65816

No. If you want change because you're bored, perhaps you should switch to windows 8. I hear that's changed rather significantly. :D

Now, if you argued that ios6 is not a huge improvement, feature-wise, you might have a point. iOS6's biggest new features are probably nav instructions, passbook, and siri sports info. Everything else is mostly an evolutionary enhancement.

(Yes, 3D maps probably isn't important for most existing users. Don't get me wrong -- it's very important as an "oooh, pretty, shiny" marketing feature to lure in NEW buyers (I'll bet that it'll get pimped in commercials) -- but I don't think it's all that important to most existing users. Like facetime, which is another great showoff feature, I don't think it'll get a lot of use.)

12. macrumors 6502a

kemo

no way dude, I actually feel the close/open animation a bit faster and all a bit snappier - for example opening the settings is definitely faster on my iPhone 4S.

13. macrumors 68000

Calidude

I've been bashing iOS6 today, but I don't believe that is what is going to happen. If anything its probably optimized.

14. thread starter macrumors member

Anyway, you should admit the lack of innovation in iOS6. And, it is normal everyone feel bored with iOS. Indeed, Microsoft has been doing a good job. As an apple fanboy, I think I should point out the weakness of the product that we love and ask for improvement. Isn't it silly to ask someone who complain about apple products to switch to other products?