Event Scheduling

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by neilc1970, Nov 10, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, hope I have this question in the right place.
    Basically I'm trying to create a running schedule file that I can import into Calendar with an adjustable start date. For example I usually run a spring and fall marathon. I'd like to be able to create one file that in Spring I can import, set the start date and all the right days are populated in Calendar. Then come Fall using the same running schedule file import it again set the right start date and again the right days would be populated.
    Is this possible and if so how, any help appreciated!

2. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

You could create a new calendar and set it up with your dates. Then when you are done for the season, export it from Calendar (File menu/export/export) then delete the calendar. When you are ready to use it again recreate the calendar then import the same file and tweak your dates.

3. neilc1970, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012

thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but not exactly what I'm looking for. During the import phase I'd like to be able to state the start or end date and the right days should be automatically populated. Surely there is some way to do this.

4. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

Hmm... I don't know of a way to alter the event(s) as they are imported. You might be able to manually edit the exported .ICS file somehow to accomplish what you want. :confused: