ever crashed a wedding?

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyelikeart, Aug 25, 2003.

1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Last night I'm watching The Restaurant on NBC, and the Coors Light commercial that's been running during every episode comes on...the one with all the guys talking about the useless achievements they've made in life. One of the things said was "I once made a toast...at a wedding I wasn't invited to...," and it got me thinking...

I've never crashed a wedding before...not yet anyway...

anyone here who has care to share your experience? :D

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm like you eyelikeart, never crashed a wedding. It seems to all be in acting like you know what you are doing. Just like the crasher at the birthday party of Prince Andrew. In that case he even manged to get up on stage with the Prince before he was caught.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well, I've crashed a few private parties in my youth, no weddings, but some nice gigs at a resort a friend of mine used to work at. We'd just get dressed up nice and mingle.:D

Last summer my wife's family was having a family reunion, which involves hundreds of people (I've known her for 9 years and I'm still meeting cousins) and we caught this homeless guy trying to come down out of the hills above the park and get in on the festivities. He figured he'd just blend in with all her other crazy relatives I guess!

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I worked a banquet hall and in general it would be quite easy to sit in the back of the room and say something dumb like I used to be the neighbor of the bride or the groom a time ago... and get up during the thank yous ...free good steak and open bar I guess.

5. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

Well i know what im doing this weekend... this sounds like a lot of fun.. especially if thers an open bar.

6. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Ha ha...I hate to admit it..but I was considering doing it for fun myself...just need to grab a date... ;)

The more I think about it, there always seems to be someone at a wedding that no one seems to know...coincidence? :eek:

7. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

i was eating at a really nice restruant once, and there was a reception going on, the sister of the bride came up to toast and started crying. apparently the bride was an actress and the sister was always looking up to her or something. we listened for a while and clapped when approperiate, but we wernt able to pin the bill on the party :D

8. Waluigi macrumors 6502

I have...sort of

I had way over-piled up my truck with branches, and was making a run to the dump. Anyway, I was driving past the church in my town, and the bride and groom was coming out, and heading for the limo. My friend dared me to honk the horn.... so I ended up holding it down for like 30 seconds. Anyway, the bride looked up, and immediately tripped, and ruined her dress! That is one day I'll never forget.

--Waluigi

9. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

two friends of mine did... in france...

my roommate and i were in lyon for a softball tournament and were staying in a hotel there. there was a wedding reception one evening and we were too tired to go into town, so he and another softball player just went into the reception and took the dance floor. we weren't in our "softball" outfit but we weren't exactly in ties and dresses...

i think my roommate may have danced with or came in very close contact with the bride... then they both got kicked out. he didn't speak much french either, that took some guts. :D